- Valley Enterprises, Inc. | Automotive Interior Trim
- Gemini Plastics, Inc., Sierra Plastics, Inc., & GPM | Profile Extrusion
- Regency Plastics, Inc. | Technical Blow Molding
- Blow Molding Process
- Thumb Plastics, Inc. | Two-Shot Injection Molding
Two-Shot Injection Molding FAQs
Here are answers to the most common two-shot injection molding-related questions we’ve heard over the past few decades — and we’ve heard a lot! Jump to a section using the links below, or simply scroll down to satisfy your curiosity about two-shot.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THUMB PLASTICS, INC (TPI)
- How do I contact you? Where are you located?
- Who do you work with?
- What are your capabilities?
- What certifications do you have?
- What materials do you work with?
- Who manufactures your tooling?
- My project requires an NDA. How do I submit that?
- Do you offer molding options other than two-shot injection molding?
Questions About Thumb Plastics, Inc. (TPI)
What are your capabilities?
- Two-shot injection molding
- Multi-shot injection molding
- Insert and overmolding
- Secondary operations
Welding (infrared, hot plate, ultrasonic)
Riveting and staking
Foam and acoustic pad assembly
Part identification marking
- In-house tooling design and build
- Advanced testing laboratory
Material property analysis
- Rapid prototyping
Specialized engineers and designers
Dedicated prototyping presses
Advanced software and technology
Prototype molds made from wood, epoxy, aluminum, or steel
Questions About Two-Shot Injection Molding
How much does two-shot injection molding cost?
Two-shot injection molding eliminates the need for secondary processes such as welding and assembly. As such, piece prices tend to be lower for two-shot molded parts compared to multi-component single-shot assemblies. The tooling for two-shot, on the other hand, tends to be more complex and costly than single-shot. Therefore, two-shot injection molding is most cost-efficient for high-volume productions. Request a quote today to see if two-shot molding is the right solution for you.