- Automotive Interior Trim
- Profile Extrusion
- Technical Blow Molding
- Certifications / Services
- Locations / Contact
- Two-Shot Injection Molding
Composite Spray Molding (Baypreg®)
Gemini Group is one of the only manufacturers in the world with experience in developing and producing interior trim components containing composite spray molding, also known as Baypreg®.
Baypreg® is a two-component polyurethane system used in compression molding of natural fiber mats alone, or fiber-reinforced sandwich panels to produce a variety of composite automotive parts. The Baypreg® polyurethane system produces high strength, extremely lightweight and rigid molded composite parts.
- Baypreg® has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any material available in the marketplace today and is priced competitively with traditional materials.
- Very high flexural stiffness and excellent thermal properties; flexural strength 15-18 MPa @ 22°C
- Extreme rigidity at lowest mass per unit area
- Excellent wetting and adhesion with most common fibers
- Fast processing through individual selection of temperatures
- Easy processing (spraying, casting, knife application) in a two-component process using cost-effective machinery