- Valley Enterprises, Inc. | Automotive Interior Trim
- Gemini Plastics, Inc., Sierra Plastics, Inc., & GPM | Profile Extrusion
- Regency Plastics, Inc. | Technical Blow Molding
- Certifications / Services
- Locations / Contact
- Thumb Plastics, Inc. | Two-Shot Injection Molding
Whether your blow molded part is large or small, simple or complex; Regency specializes in a variety of techniques used for welding plastic to plastic, plastic to metal, and plastic to vinyl ensuring the best result for your particular application.
Do you have a need for more than 3,000 parts or have an annual spend of $100,000 or more in blow molding? We should talk.
Infrared Plastic Welding
Infrared Plastic Welding is a fairly new welding technique typically used for large part assemblies with high strength and hermetic requirements. This process utilizes a controlled infrared light emitter which welds blow molded assemblies by melting the joining surfaces which are then joined together and re-solidified under pressure.
Benefits of Infrared Plastic Welding
- Fast changeover
- No part or tooling contamination
- Reduced amount of Flash
Hot Plate Plastic Welding
Hot Plate Plastic Welding can also be used for large part assemblies. The process involves applying heat to the joint areas of parts for a predetermined amount of time, removing the heat source, and finally bringing the parts together and allowing them to solidify under pressure.
Benefits of Hot Plate Plastic Welding
- Compatible with most thermoplastics
- Ability to weld large parts and complex shapes
- Strong sealing method
Ultrasonic Plastic Welding
Ultrasonic Plastic Welding involves converting high frequency energy into a mechanical motion (vibrations) to create frictional heat in a focused area. This melts the plastic forming a molecular bond. Ultrasonic Plastic Welding can be used to join plastic to plastic, plastic to vinyl, and plastic to metal.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Plastic Welding
- Flexible and versatile with little tooling changeover or fixture modifications
- Consistent and repeatable
- Very rapid weld time confined to the bonding or joint area
- Can replace fasteners and adhesives
Additional Blow Molding Operations
- Riveting and Staking
- Foam and Acoustic Pad Assembly
- Blow Mold Assembly