Precision CNC Machining Processes
- Lathe – In our Lathe Department, we house 21 late model CNC lathes with 2, 3, 4, and 6 jaw chucking capabilities. These machines are ready to produce chips on all shifts with full inspection of parts.
- Mill – GPMI uses Okuma milling centers. When combined with our unique work holding fixtures makes for an efficient and accurate machining operation.
- Grind – A 13,500 sq. ft. temperature controlled Grind Department with 28 precision grinding machines allows for the tightest tolerances to be held.
- Heat Treat – Our Heat Treat Department includes a carburizing furnace, vacuum steel treating furnace, salt pots for high carbon steels, tempering furnace and black oxidizing which allows us to closely monitor operations that are normally outsources by other suppliers.
- EDM – Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) is a machining method primarily used for hard metals or those that would be impossible to machine with traditional techniques.
- Inspection – Inspectors, supervisors and programmers receive extensive training regularly so each department has full knowledge of the inspection process and what the CMM’s are capable of.